In a world that is rapidly changing, the shelf life of a business model is rapidly decreasing. A new core competency of executive leadership is business model innovation. Saul Kaplan defines a business model as the narrative that explains how an organization creates, delivers and captures value.
Mission sending structures are not exempt from the pressure of business model innovation. We believe creative conversations happen best in a context of shared learning. Our 2013 Innovation Incubator will convene a carefully selected group of leaders from mission sending structures for a facilitated creative session focused on the development of new business models that reflect the changing dynamic of how we create, deliver and capture value for the Great Commission.
We invite you to apply today for one of the limited spots available for 2013 at our Atlanta (August 1-2) or Los Angeles (August 22-23) locations by submitting the web form below. Steve Moore, President of Missio Nexus, will be the on-site facilitator at both locations. You will be notified by June 21, 2013, if you have been selected to participate.
Here’s what you need to know:
1. The Innovation Incubator is open to anyone but space is limited and our Premium Access Members have first priority. A maximum of two people per organization may attend. You must complete the web form above to be considered for participation.
2. Upon notification of acceptance you will be invoiced based on your level of membership with Missio Nexus – $129, Premium Access Members, $149 members, $159 non-members. Your registration fee covers all materials, dinner on Thursday (August 1 – Atlanta, August 22 – Los Angeles), breakfast and lunch on Friday (August 2 – Atlanta, August 23 – Los Angeles). Lodging is NOT included in the registration fee. Details about lodging will be included with your notification of acceptance.
3. Each participant will be required to read The Business Model Innovation Factory, by Saul Kaplan, and The Lean Startup, by Eric Ries, prior to arrival to the Innovation Incubator. The cost of these books (e-book version) is included in the registration fee and will be sent to you electronically.
4. We will begin in each city at 3:00pm, convening at an Atlanta airport hotel August 1st and at the US Center for World Mission on August 22nd in Pasadena. Day two of the Atlanta event will be hosted by Chick-fil-a at their corporate headquarters. Both days of the west coast event will be at the USCWM. We will conclude each Innovation Incubator at 3:30pm on day two.
5. A select group of trusted voices from outside the missions community will be joining us in each location to help bring fresh ideas and perspective to the table. Additional information about these guests will be communicated with your notification of acceptance.